7/29/15

favorites: july


TWENTY ONE PILOTS

Twenty One Pilots is an American musical duo from Columbus, Ohio. The band was formed in 2009 and consists of Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun. (also known as my sunshines, tbh)
I became a fan of them earlier this year (thanks to my utterly cool friend who goes by the name Louis) but I remember the first time I heard them was while watching their performance on the MTV movie awards last year and I was literally in awe. I also recently saw them live at Trinoma, and it was such an astonishing experience.
I love all of their songs but my all time favorites from them would probably be Lane Boy, Lovely, March To The Sea & Fake You Out.
I love twenty one pilots because:
 They make me VERY happy.
They're such great, talented, funny and amazing people- Tyler & Josh have such an adorable friendship.
Their music & lyrics are so brilliant, unique, catchy, meaningful- and it really changed my life.
They inspire me to express myself through music.

♡iZOMBIE


iZombie is an American Sci-fi, Crime & Comedy-drama TV series that is a loose adaptation of the comic book series of the same name.

It is about a medical resident named Olivia "Liv" Moore who is turned into a zombie while attending a boat party. To cope with her new appetite for brains, Liv takes a job at the morgue and shares her secret with her boss, Ravi. In order for Liv to survive, Ravi encourages her to eat the brains of murder victims who are delivered to the morgue. Whenever she eats a victim's brain, Liv inherits some of their personality traits temporarily. She also gets flashbacks which often give her clues of the murder. She uses this ability to help the Seattle Police Department solve crimes, disguising herself as psychic counselor. -Weird, I know.
But me & my parents usually bond by watching this series, it has a fresh feel to it and it's just so hilarious. I love the actors and the plot is so compelling- I can't wait for season two.


♡HOMEROOM DIARIES

Homeroom Diaries is a realistic fiction/coming of age/ comedy novel by James Patterson about a teenager named Margaret "Cuckoo" Clarke and her cyber-bullied group of misfit friends who try to make a change by promoting happiness in their school. I really love this novel because of how it stands above the rest. It's eccentric, funny, has awesome illustrations- but despite the very positive and witty outlook of the main character, she goes through a very tough time because her mother left her. This book has inspired me and taught me that I can't be too young to make a change. tw// The novel also  helps readers open up about topics like suicide, depression & cyberbullying because it has a list of hotlines at the back of the book.

That's it for todaaaay thanks for reading, loves!
xoxo,
Ataschameleon

No comments:

Post a Comment